The efficiency and proper condition of your windshield wipers is essential for your safety while driving, so here are some tips you if you want to buy new wipers:
- Buy the right size – you can find out the size of your windshield blades from the manual of your car, or a local auto glass Broomfield CO professional. Note down the measurements and buy only wipers that are of the right size – any wiper that is too short or too long will not work on the car;
- Consider buying the entire blade assembly – in the past, replacement rubber blades were also available, but nowadays they are increasingly difficult to find, so the best solution is to replace the entire assembly;
- You don’t need to buy the most expensive wipers – the price is not always an indicator of quality. Most wiper blades today are made of good quality rubber and you should not use one set for more than a year anyway, so focusing on the size is more important than buying the most expensive blade available for your car make and model;
- Choose the blades for your climate zone – you can find blades developed for icy and snowy conditions, blades that work best with rainwater and all-season blades, suitable for summer and winter conditions as well.
The windshield on your car plays an essential role in protecting the safety of the driver and the passengers. While windshields are made from special safety glass that is extremely resistant to impact, even the best, strongest windshield glass can suffer damage caused by small stones and other road debris hitting the glass. In some cases, the damage sustained by the glass is in a location that hinders visibility or it is so extensive that the glass needs to be replaced, but in many cases, damaged windshields can be repaired by specialized technicians at an auto glass replacement Broomfield CO store who will apply the right type of glue to bond the damaged area and to stop the damage from spreading. Here are some of the most types of glue used on windshields:
- Urethane – great for adding strength to the structure of the glass and also used for bonding glass to other materials, such as metal;
- Silicone – this durable material is flexible, resistant to the weather as well as to moisture, but it is not a material that can sustain a lot of mechanical load, therefore it is not suitable for repairing windshields on cars that were involved in an accident affecting the car’s roof as well.
Front Range Windshield Pros are giving away 2 free tickets to the sold-out Garth Brooks concert at Mile High Stadium if you buy a windshield from now until May 25th.
Our personal car is something we cannot live without nowadays. A car is no longer just a fad or an acquisition that only the wealthiest could afford. Beyond its utility, the car needs to be safe to drive. Unfortunately even a little crack or chip on the windshield can puts us in dangerous situations, by distracting our attention or obstructing the view.
Dangerous road debris cannot always be avoided. You can drive carefully, but you cannot avoid every pebble bouncing in your windshield. A scarce scratch appears first and you will choose to ignore it for a while. After some time, due to temperature fluctuations and weather conditions, the small scratch turns into a small crack. It is not disturbing yet, and it does not affect your driving. However, after a while, you notice that it keeps extending. Obviously, sooner or later it will become a problem.
For a driver, the field of view must be perfect and not affected by cracks that block the visibility, otherwise you may not see pedestrians, other cars or other potential dangers, in the right time. Automatically, the risk of accidents increases and no one wants to be involved in road incidents, no matter how minor they are.
Always choose to run on safe roads and reduce speed whenever you observe dangerous road debris that could cause you trouble. On off roads, be sure to call a mobile windshield replacement Broomfield technician when needed.
If a pebble flies and hits your windshield as you drive on the highway, it can produce a crack. When something like this happens, you must fix the crack quickly, before it grows.
Windshields are designed to provide structural support to the car as well as to withstand the demands it is subjected to, when driving on different roads, but inevitable damage may still occur. Windshields are made of two layers of glass and one layer of polyvinyl butyral placed between them, holding them together. Due to this structure, the windshield holds together and does not fall over the driver, not even in the event of an accident, when it breaks.
Repair or replacement?
Generally, minor windshield cracks can be repaired, but this will always depend on the following four factors: size, type, depth and position of the damage. The results can also be different, depending on the severity of the crack.
A qualified windshield repair technician at the auto glass Northglenn CO shop has to evaluate a few factors before deciding whether your windscreen is repairable. Each case is individually studied and the conclusion is made taking into account the technician’s experience with the equipment used, the customer’s expectations and the probability of a successful repair.
The windshield is an element of the vehicle that most people tend to take for granted, considering that it requires special attention only or special care occasions. But when cracks occur, the situation changes. On the transparent surface of the windshield, a crack appears as a disturbing visual element, which requires immediate attention.
Returning to the title, let’s review the most common causes of cracks, others that the impact of pebbles and other debris.
Temperature changes are among the guiltiest factors for the apparition of cracks. They cause a thermal shock, an extreme temperature difference between the interior of the car and the exterior.
Changes in pressure – in this case, when we say “pressure” we mean the wind pressure.
Structural failures can also be included in this list of causes that lead to cracks in the windshield and a trip to a nearby windshield replacement Broomfield CO store. Only a few know this, but windshields play an essential role in passenger safety. The purpose of the windscreen is to support the car `s roof, in the event of an accident involving rolling the car. This must be taken into account especially when we replace the windshield.
Low quality products and workmanship – we could not skip these, because they are way too important. Choosing quality materials as well as a good car specialist to replace the old windshield properly is extremely important.
Hail is a weather phenomenon that lasts a little, but it can cause serious damage to your car. Every driver needs to know which course of actions is effective in such a situation, to protect their car.
Keep calm. The 1 cm diameter of the common hailstones does not leave any marks on the car`s body and they are no danger to the windshield either. However, if the hail reaches 2 centimeters in diameter, then you have to think seriously about protecting the car.
First, you have to stop the car. The consequences may be disastrous if you continue to move through the falling hail stones. Look around! You must quickly find something that will serve as a shelter for your car. For example, the roof of a gas station, a parking lot or even a bridge. If you are unable to find anything that could keep your car protected during the storm, it is time to improvise something, by using the things you have around; the car mats or a blanket can prove to be useful.
Contrary to popular belief, the windscreen is not the one that has priority to be protected in this case, but the car`s bodywork, because the windows are easier and cheaper to replace at your local auto glass Thornton shop.
Alternatively, you can buy an anti hail car cover, designed with a layer of thick rubber foam that will successfully absorb the impact of the hailstones.
Repairing a windshield that presents a small crack or chip might be the right, most affordable solution in some cases, but not in others – here are some details that can help you decide whether the damage sustained by your windshield can be repaired or the entire part needs to be replaced:
- Damage that affects a small area – a windshield crack or chip that has appeared only recently and does not seem to be spreading can be efficiently repaired. The repair is usually done with the help of special liquid resin added with a tool similar to a glue gun. The resin builds into the crack or chip, evening out the surface and stopping the damage from spreading;
- Damage that is spreading quickly in a cobweb-like shape – this kind of extensive damage cannot be repaired, so the best solution will be to get the entire windshield replaced;
- Damage in front of the driver’s eyes – windshield repair stops the damage on its tracks and restores the strength of the glass, but it does not make the damage disappear completely. While this might not be an issue if the chip or crack is in front the passenger, if the damage sustained by the windshield is in front of the driver’s eyes, replacement might be the recommended solution.
Look to the professionals for chip repair or replacement, at https://frwindshields.com/.
With a mobile windshield, you can get your car’s damaged windshield repaired or even replaced quickly and easily, without having to spend time taking the car to the repair garage, waiting for the job to get done and taking the car from the garage. Here are more details and some other benefits of using a mobile windshield service:
- Convenience – the repair service will come to you, wherever you are. You can call the windshield service to fix your car in front of your home, in the parking lot of the company you work for or you can get them to meet on the side of the road if that is where the damage happened;
- Affordability – getting your chipped or cracked windshield repaired is much cheaper than getting the glass replaced.
Windshield repair consists of filling the damaged part with special, transparent material. The technician of the mobile windshield replacement Thornton service that you call will apply durable, transparent liquid resin into the chip or crack to restore the strength and resistance of the glass and to prevent the damage from spreading, but the process will not make the damage invisible, so if the cracked or chipped area is in an area where it is disturbing for the driver, windshield replacement might be a more suitable solution.
Factory windshields, also known as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) windshields are parts installed on vehicles when they leave the factory and also sold as replacement parts of a quality that meets and exceeds the requirements of auto makers. The other type of windshields is aftermarket windshields that are produced by various manufacturers, in a wide quality range that might or might not meet the vehicle manufacturer’s requirements. If you are looking for a replacement it’s best to search for windshield replacement near me currently, as most companies will travel to your location and the replacement does not take long at all.
One of the features that make car owners weigh the pros and cons of factory windshields is the high costs – the price of an OEM windshield can be several times the price of an aftermarket part. While price might be the decisive factor in the case of simple windshields that consist only of a sheet of glass, for more complex vehicles that use windshields equipped with various sensors or cameras, getting a factory windshield for the replacement might be the better solution. Both factory windshields and aftermarket parts are made from high-quality safety glass, so both types are reliable in terms of safety, visibility and resistance, but choosing aftermarket quality in the case of a very complex windshield might lead to issues of configuration and compatibility with the vehicle’s onboard computer and in some cases, insurance compensation can be filed for only if the replacement is made using an OEM windshield.